We stand on the verge of a miracle! Richmond Chi Alpha has been offered the opportunity to purchase a building in the center of Virginia Commonwealth University‘s campus. It sits just one block from the main residential area housing 6,000 students, the cafeteria and the library. Thousands of students pass the front doors of the building every day!
We see the building being used for a number of things:
- A guaranteed space of worship for Chi Alpha in the heart of the VCU’s campus
for years to come.
- A training space for new campus missionaries to learn to reach strategic urban campuses in the Northeast.
- Hospitality space to reach the 100+ nations represented in the international students at VCU.
- A platform for campus ministry collaboration and outreach to our Richmond campuses.
- A space to house a thriving congregation to minister to the university community and the surrounding neighborhoods.
What an amazing strategic opportunity! The terms of the agreement are even more amazing. We have negotiated a sale price of $740,000 for the 4,500 sq ft facility and surrounding property. That’s only 60% of the current assessed value. The seller has also agreed to finance the property at 0% interest for the next seven years!
Update (August 15, 2022):
The seller needs to take care of a small title issue, which gives us a little more time to raise funds! We currently need partners to help us pay the down payment for the building by mid September. Our goal is $300,000 and we’re almost 1/2 of the way there with cash and pledged commitments of $142,000. This project has the blessing of the national, area and network Chi Alpha leadership. We ask for your support as well. Will you enable us to establish Chi Alpha in Richmond so we can continue to reach the leaders of tomorrow? Contact us for more info or to give click here!